Blackhams have been in business in Birmingham City Centre for over 100 years. As a long established firm of solicitors we have a wide range of experience in dealing with the process of buying or selling a home, including a house or a flat, whether a new build or a resale, either freehold or leasehold.
We provide detailed advice and while the number of parties generally involved means that at the outset no one can be certain how long any particular transaction will take to complete we aim to identify and resolve any issues as early as possible to make the conveyancing process as quick and as trouble free for you as we can.
We provide expert advice in respect of:-
- Sales and purchases, including the investigation of title, obtaining the results of all necessary searches, complying with lender requirements, preparing contract and completion documentation, exchanging contracts, completing the sale or purchase and dealing with Land Registry and HMRC requirements.
- Sales in the course of the administration of an estate.
- Auctions – if you are selling we can prepare the auction pack of information which the auctioneers will require, deal with pre-auction enquiries from interested parties and then continue the conveyancing process after the auction up to completion.
- Deeds of gift and transfers of equity.
- Shared ownership agreements including staircasing.
- Right to buy.
Other areas where we have considerable experience include:-
- Freehold ground rents – if you are looking to acquire the freehold of your leasehold house.
- Lease extensions – if you own a leasehold flat where the length of time left on the lease means that it is desirable for you to obtain a longer lease term from the freeholder possibly to facilitate a sale.
At Blackhams we understand the significance to you of moving house and the stress the process can involve. All transactions which we deal with are handled by a qualified solicitor, who will maintain a direct relationship with you and be available to answer your enquiries promptly whether by telephone, email or letter, as you prefer.
Book a FREE initial consultation today in confidence.
Simply complete the form below and one of our experts will get back to you.