Our Vision, Our Mission
‘Affordable Legal Help with a Team You Can Trust’
At Blackhams Solicitors we are able to advise our clients on the complex laws relating to property.
The ownership and occupation of property is a vital part of all our lives, whether we are living in a house or a flat, running a factory, a shop, a design studio, a restaurant or acting as a landlord letting any type of property to others to occupy as tenants or licensees.
At Blackhams we understand the significance to you of moving house and the stress the process can involve. All transactions which we deal with are handled by a qualified solicitor, who will maintain a direct relationship with you and be available to answer your enquiries promptly whether by telephone, email or letter, as you prefer.
Residential Property & Conveyancing
We provide detailed advice and while the number of parties generally involved means that at the outset no one can be certain how long any particular transaction will take to complete we aim to identify and resolve any issues as early as possible to make the conveyancing process as quick and as trouble free for you as we can.
We provide expert advice in respect of: -
- Sales and purchases, including the investigation of title, obtaining the results of all necessary searches, complying with lender requirements, preparing contract and completion documentation, exchanging contracts, completing the sale or purchase and dealing with Land Registry and HMRC requirements.
- Sales in the course of the administration of an estate.
- Auctions – if you are selling we can prepare the auction pack of information which the auctioneers will require, deal with pre-auction enquiries from interested parties and then continue the conveyancing process after the auction up to completion.
- Deeds of gift and transfers of equity.
- Shared ownership agreements including staircasing.
- Right to buy.
Other areas where we have considerable experience include:-
- Freehold ground rents – if you are looking to acquire the freehold of your leasehold house.
- Lease extensions – if you own a leasehold flat where the length of time left on the lease means that it is desirable for you to obtain a longer lease term from the freeholder possibly to facilitate a sale.
Property has always been a popular investment medium, whether you are a buyer of supermarkets, suburban shops, houses, flats, industrial premises or any of the other types of property commonly occupied by tenants as houses or for business purposes.
Blackhams have long experience of all types of investment property purchases.
Individual properties or, for instance, blocks of flats let on long leases at nominal rents (‘ground rents’) are one of the more specialist areas of investment with which we are familiar.
Mr B from Solihull
“You have provided us with some of the best legal services we have ever experienced. Keep up the good work.”
Mr C from Birmingham
“Great service will recommend to others who need a solicitor”
Mrs A from Solihull
The family are very happy with the service received so far, always friendly and prompt service received - 5 star!