The approach of families to these issues has changed over time but the trust is still a valuable tool.
Specific issues such as the protection of vulnerable or under-age family members can be addressed by appropriately structured trusts.
The management of trusts – the responsibility of the trustees – can be daunting, but we are here to make life as easy as possible for you. We can help you to agree a suitable investment policy with your investment manager, we can guide you through the various tax rules affecting trusts. We can, and frequently do, act as trustees ourselves.
About our Trust services
Trusts are set up for a number of purposes, including:
- To control and protect family assets
- When someone is too young to handle their affairs and protecting assets for younger beneficiaries
- To provide for vulnerable or disabled beneficiaries
- To pass on assets while you’re still alive to mitigate in particular Inheritance Tax
- To ring fence assets such as the family home so it is not taken into account in means tested benefit when an elderly surviving spouse requires full time nursing care
- Advise on the right type of trust for you
- Set up trusts
- Help you to manage a trust
- Act as trustees (with family members or alone).
Book a Consultation today
Simply complete the form below and one of our experts will get back to you.